The Tobacco Team supports VACCHO Member services to develop and implement policies and programs to reduce the burden of smoking-related disease in the Victorian Aboriginal population.
We do this by:
- Supporting our Members to develop and maintain a smoke-free workplace policy
- Develop workforce skills in smoking cessation and brief intervention
- Assist with identifying and translating evidence-based smoking prevention and cessation models with VACCHO Member organisations
- Advocating for our sector on State and National Tobacco committees
- Developed culturally appropriate smoking cessation information materials.
- Facilitating network meetings with the Victorian Aboriginal tobacco workforce and key partners in Government departments and other tobacco cessation organisations.
- Host and support local tobacco and healthy lifestyle events and activities
- Build community awareness of healthy, smoke-free homes, particularly for high risk groups such as pregnant women and children.
- Utilise social marketing and social media to promote smoking cessation messages
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of tobacco cessation initiatives.