The Close the Gap coalition is calling on governments to take action to achieve Indigenous health equality within 25 years by:
- increasing Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders’ access to health services
- addressing critical social issues such as poor housing, nutrition, employment and education
- building Indigenous control and participation in the delivery of health and other services
- getting governments at state and national level to work in partnership with Indigenous communities, health organisations and experts to develop and monitor a plan to tackle the Indigenous health crisis
- promoting real and meaningful partnerships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and health services.
Partnership means giving people real influence at all stages of the decision-making process, and must be adequately resourced.
For more information on Closing the Gap please go to: