Coalition for Aboriginal Health Equality Victoria (CAHEV)
The Coalition for Aboriginal Health Equality Victoria (CAHEV) works to ensure that the commitments of the Statement of Intent to Close the Gap in Indigenous Health Outcomes are met.
Membership of the Coalition for Aboriginal Health Equality Victoria is comprised of community-controlled and mainstream civil society organisations which have committed to the Statement of Intent. As signatories to the Statement of Intent, Members of the Coalition for Aboriginal Health Equality are committed to working together to achieve equity in health status and life expectancy between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous Australians by year 2030.
The Coalition works towards its strategic priorities through holding Governments to account for commitments in the Statement of Intent by developing and promoting advocacy messages and building on the strengths of individual member organisations. By working cooperatively and strategically, the Coalition aims to maximise successes, support Aboriginal community self-determination, advocate collectively and share capacity.
Our Racial Discrimination Position Statement has been committed to by the following CAHEV members:
- Australians for Native Title and Reconciliation (ANTaR)
- Networking Health Victoria
- Oxfam Australia
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Heath Organisation (VACCHO)
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC)
- Inner North West Melbourne Medicare Local
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia – Victoria Branch
- Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation – Victorian Branch
Key documents, submission and position papers.