Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB50420
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
This includes skills and knowledge in communication, planning, organising, implementing and monitoring your own workload and the workload of others.
Career opportunities and pathways
Completion of this qualification will assume a variety of job roles such as
- Sales Team Manager
- Frontline Manager
There are no entry requirements for this course. No pre-requisites for this course, though applicants need to have sound written skills and preferably be working as a team leader/manager. It is desirable to have complete a Certificate IV such as Certificate IV in Leadership and Management prior to undertaking this course.
Ongoing support in language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) and other learning needs, based on initial testing against the requirements of the course, is provided to ensure that each student has the opportunity to achieve outcomes
Sound written communication skills are required to complete written tasks. Candidates also need well-developed organisation and self-management abilities in order to incorporate the study load and be able to work independently
Duration and training delivery
To be delivered over 16 – 18 months.
The program is delivered through a series of face-to-face interactive workshops, combining self-paced learning materials and work-related projects. The program is overseen by a coordinator who will be supported by facilitators and guest presenters who have extensive experience in both leadership, management and facilitation. Assessment tasks are work-based and emphasise workplace improvement.
Units of study
Total number of units = 12
6 Core units:
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with others
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
6 Elective units:
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace area
- Courses fees >>
- Subsidised training and funding >>
- Student information including Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning >>
To apply for this course, submit an Expression of Interest via the link below.
Business and Leadership
Social and Emotional Wellbeing
If you are currently enrolled with us and have an enquiry, or interested in studying at VACCHO please fill out and submit the form below or contact the Education and Training Unit at VACCHO by calling (03) 9411 9411.