BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Learn how to be a role model for your colleagues by leading effectively and with influence.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of commencing their course at VACCHO. In addition, all applicants must undertake a short assessment to determine whether this is the most suitable course for you, including determining your language, literacy and numeracy skills and readiness to study at this level. Where learning needs are identified, VACCHO will offer you additional support or refer you to a more suitable course.
Refer to Course Pre-Requisite section for any other requirements, such as previous units and employment arrangements that will also form a condition of entry.
- Learn how to be a role model for your colleagues by leading effectively and with influence,
- Develop critical thinking skills with an emphasis on making positive changes in the workplace.
- Learn how to nurture the strengths and talents of people and build teams committed to achieving common goals.
- Strengthen your financial acumen and skills.
AT A GLANCE
Delivery and Locations
Cost (Fees & Charges)
Refer to Fees & Charges.
Ask about our RPL fees if you have previous equivalent experiences
WHY LEARN WITH US?
This training program has been developed in consultation with other ACCHOs and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community sector to ensure its relevance.
Our staff have current on-the-job experience, bringing this into the training program to offer real industry training based on current industry trends.
EXPERIENCED SUPPORT TEAM
We offer in-house Mentors and support and have also teamed up with external experts to ensure that you are fully supported to succeed.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The units of competency listed below are an example of the units that would typically be included in this qualification.
The programs we deliver will be customised and contextualised to suit your and your employer’s learning needs and workforce objectives.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR STUDIES & EXPERIENCES
If you have previously completed one or more of the above units, please ask about our Credit Transfer.
If you have a range of work and life experiences that relate to one or more of these units, please ask about our Recognition of Prior Learning/Competency (RPL) services.
If eligible, you will not be required to undertake these units again with us, as you will receive recognition for your prior studies and/or experiences.
Take a glimpse at the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/
FEES AND CHARGES
Refer to VACCHO Course Fee 2023
You may be eligible for a Fee Concession (VACCHO will check your entitlement for a Fee Concession as part of your enrolment and prior to the commencement of training). This includes for holders of a current Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession, Veterans Gold Card or self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Travel and accommodation may be AbStudy subsidised for eligible students. Ask for further details.
WHAT I NEED TO BRING OR BUY
- Desktop computer/laptop.
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps.
- An email account such as Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail.
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Video conferencing software (Zoom) preferred.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A SKILLS FIRST SUBSIDISED PLACE
- Be an Australian citizen; OR a holder of a permanent visa; OR a New Zealand citizen.
- Only enrol in a program at a higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level than the highest qualification level you hold at the time training commences if you are 20 years or older
- Not be enrolled in more than two Skills First subsidised qualifications at one time
- Not have enrolled in more than two Skills First qualifications at the same AQF level at any time, unless one is a School Based Apprenticeship/Traineeship (SBAT), a Foundation Skills Program and/or a secondary school certificate or you are recommencing training or transitioning from a superseding qualification to the current version
OR you may meet some of the eligible criteria if you:
- Meet the Eligibility Exemptions Initiative requirements, eg. a retrenched worker or a JVEN client
- Are eligible for a Commonwealth Job Trainer place, including aged 17 to 24 or a job seeker
FURTHER LEARNING PATHWAYS
• BSB50120 Diploma of Business
• BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Training may be supported by Skills First Program, delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. The student’s tuition fees are as published and are subject to change given individual circumstances. This nationally recognised qualification is delivered by VACCHO (RTO No: 20739 and which is responsible for the quality of all services and the issuing of accredited certification. This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to the industry standard but does not guarantee a job. We actively tailor training for people from diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities and encourage all to apply.
- Subsidised training and funding >>
- Student information including Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning >>
To apply for this course, submit an Expression of Interest via the link below.
Business and Leadership
Social and Emotional Wellbeing
If you are currently enrolled with us and have an enquiry, or interested in studying at VACCHO please fill out and submit the form below or contact the Education and Training Unit at VACCHO by calling (03) 9411 9411.